TUPNews is a subsidiary of The Uncertainty Principle

Thursday

EUROPE NEWS

Today TUPNews reports live from Essen, Germany.

Meat and cheese for breakfast is pretty good. "Schmeltzkase" sounds better than "melted cheese." And the German businessman`s habit of gently rapping conference tables to express approval is utterly charming.

I`m struggling to get much more out of Essen, however - it`s a total shithole. Not helped by the fact that they`ve got me in a Holiday Inn. A Holiday Inn, readers.

More when I get back.


UPDATE!

I’ve decided not to write anymore about Essen – I ended up having a better time than I expected, went to some good bars, drank some good beer and talked to some crazy taxi drivers, but I didn’t really learn anything worth sharing. If you’re ever headed out there, let me know and I’ll tell you the good places to go.