TUPNews is a subsidiary of The Uncertainty Principle

Tuesday

EUROPE NEWS

Today TUPNews reports live from Copenhagen, in Denmark.

It’s a little grimmer than I remember, although that could just be the time of year and the place I’m staying (a lot of traffic). There are plenty of things to charm the visitor, however, starting with the Mickey Mouse currency. I want at least one sterling coin to feature little love hearts, like the 5 kroner coin.

TUPNews can report that there’s a law in Denmark that requires strippers to stand behind a mesh screen, in order to preclude any possibility of contact from carried-away punters. This was explained to me by a charming hospitality girl from Chepstow in the “La Dolce Vita” nightclub. My colleague and I went there assuming it was a strip bar, which it was not. I didn’t stay long enough to find out exactly what type of bar it was, but there were lots of girls who were keen to chat and also seemed to like champagne, including this Welsh girl who had found herself far from the Valleys.

Also for those who were concerned about TUPNews’ appalling experience staying in a Holiday Inn in Essen, rest assured that the First Hotel Vesterbro is a modern, quality establishment. Although entering my room for the first time to hear Rage Against The Machine blaring from the TV was a little disconcerting.

More on my return.